Monday 9 April 2012

A PHOTOFRAME OR TWO, OR SIX

A very blessed Easter to everyone!

Just a quick share today of some gifts that I whipped up over the  Easter weekend, most importantly, by making use of my silhouette.

This is truly the bestest part of the silhouette, at least for me- no more worrying about needing the particular font, in the particular colour to match your projects, and most importantly - no more running out of important alphabets that you use the most frequently, which sometimes renders the rest of the pack unuseable.

Let me chime in and say I will still buy thickers for the dimension and visual interest and differentiation, especially for own use, so thickers will still make an appearance, especially in Project Life. But, especially for names, the silhouette works wonders.

When I approached this project, I had wanted to make it special for the recepient and it doesn't get any more special than having your name on the picture frame, definitely something that no one else would have/want to have.
The frames are from Ikea, which I covered with patterned paper and added a typed out phrase of the event. I then proceeded to type out their names and weld them together in the software so that it would come out as a single piece.

I then backed it on cardstock/glitter paper for the girls, used foam dots and hey presto!, with the addition of a flower/ camera cutout, the frames were done. I had actually wanted to cut the names with glitter paper, but couldn't get my silhouette to cut through, despite using double cut. Will have to try and experiment more.

Here is a look at all the frames if you are interested. I think it makes the perfect personalised present for anyone (:

For those in Singapore, hurry down to Scraplicious to see how this machine can be used and pre-order it at a special price of just S$399. The store had actually brought a few sets of the machines in, but they were wiped out the minute they hit the shelves (nearly as fast as the new ipad :P)


They are available on pre-order now, so hurry, you will want to get your hands on this machine and eliminate your "not-enough-alphabets" woes. And of course if you need any help, feel free to drop me a  mail or comment and I'll be happy to answer, to my best abilities, any questions that you may have.

11 comments:

  1. These frames are perfect! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those frams are really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute frames. I don't know why I have never thought to cover a frame with patterned paper. Excited the cameo is available here as that should mean I can get blades etc easily.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute frames!
    I seriously have been considering a cameo for that very reason you mentioned! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute!

    If you haven't tried it yet, you might be able to cut the glitter paper if you put it 'glitter side down' on your mat. I _think_ that is how I cut some glitter paper a while back but I'm not 100% sure, I may be remembering wrong ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...